A little look into the life of a person suffering from addiction and mental health problems.

Wednesday 6 April 2016

This is about a very good friend of mine who passed away before his time

Where do I start wen talking about my mate, sorry not a mate a true brother. Only difference woz we had a different father and mother. About 8 or 9 years old is wen we started being little shits, causing are adults to have mental fits. Me Steve and Phil catching pigeons from their little nan's window, feathers everywhere in her room before we'd let em go. Then it went from there to Richmond Park, Sat at the isabella plantation fishing in the dark. I remember one time ova at pem-ponds in a rubber dingy, blove the fuka pulled out the air cap thingy. I looked at him and said " I can't fukin swim" cheeky fuka just looked at me with a big grin.
Now I'm splashing in the water getting ready to drown, while Steven and Philip are still laughing and messing around. I splashed and crashed til I reached Stevens hand, jumped on his back and shouted " get me back to land ". The 3 of us always laughed and joked that I held on so tight Steven almost choked.
A few years later and we are still on good form, the next bit I tell you happened just before are boys were born. Me Steve and Butler all in Steves car, pulled up in a garage at about 12 at night, wen all of a sudden them 2 woz having a fight. I steamed right in and hit one on the chin, it's now 3 on 3 not 3 onto 2, and we did wot we had too. Which was win. Now it's all done and we are going to go, wen out of nowhere a fire eextinguisher came through the window.
Just under 10 years later and we are still on good form just like we should but maybe we'd been up to things that wernt to good. I was locked away in a prison cell for doing something wrong, wen who appears and comes walking along?  Steven Byrne is on A-wing  doing a 3 ( yrs ) that was the same sentence as me. Right off the bat we got a double cell, sometimes it was great and sometimes it was hell. But never did are brother hood faulter in 12 / 13 months together, we had each other's back's no matter what the day or the weather.
The laughs and jokes that I had with this man, this friend. My brother was laughs that I'll never get from another. I remember the last time I saw you layed at rest, my heart was thumping hard in my chest.

Love ya Steve.  Doc

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL TRUE STORY FOR A BEST FRIEND AND BROTHER, STEVEN AKA BLOVE XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 4 comment . Miss that man

      Delete