A little look into the life of a person suffering from addiction and mental health problems.

Friday 13 May 2016

a day I will never forget. For the first time I saw the damage I was doing to my self by using drugs

   
               I REMEMBER THIS DAY.

IT was a time when I realised what I was doing to my body was a crime. Standing in the police station using their phone, while standing and waiting for the phone's tone I looked at my arms and felt very alone. Stood in a t-shirt I looked at my arms and for the first time my mind sets off alarms.
They was all swollen and red because they were the sites my drugs had been fed. The phone tone was now ringing in my ear, my heart beating because my mother's voice is what I was waiting to hear.
She picked up and spoke and as soon as she did my voice choked. Then I cried down the phone saying "mum what have I done". As always she said "don't worry I'm here for you, your my first born son and I'll always be there for you coz I'm your mum".
Now that was many years ago now and I've managed to stay away from needles for over 10 years some how.
The police arrested me that day and locked me down. If they hadn't I'd be 6ft under the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment